Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookies

So for the longest time I had a hard time getting my cookies to turn out the way I wanted them to. They were too flat, too hard, not cooked enough, too brown... etc. Anyways, after much trial and error I have discovered what I think to be the perfect cookie! :) Most important tip I have learned: use more flour! (Thanks to my friend Autumn- who happens to make some of the best cookies ever!) I have found in nearly every recipe [not just chocolate chip] I have to increase the flour by at least 3/4 cup.. sometimes more. So here is the cookie recipe my mom gave me.. with just a couple changes by me!

-1 cup crisco (or regular unsalted butter works just fine, but I prefer the crisco)
-1 cup brown sugar
-1/2 cup sugar
-2 eggs
-1 1/2 tsp vanilla
-3 cups flour
-1 tsp baking powder
-1 tsp baking soda
-1 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips (I use 1/2 cup semisweet, 1/2 cup milk choc)

Directions:
Cream together crisco, brown sugar, and sugar. Add in vanilla and 2 eggs, mix well. Mix in baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Slowly add in flour, I do one cup at a time. Stir in chocolate chips. Easy Peasy. :) Bake at 375* for 8-10 min. I check mine at 8 minutes, but usually cook them the full 10 minutes. Just cook them til they are golden brown and look good to you.

This is the only picture I have of my cookies! Thank goodness for instagram! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment